We know that the most important thing for your home is that it fits in with you, identifies you and adapts to your tastes and needs. But, if we can also take into account the 2022 decoration trends to find everything we like in our favorite stores, it is ideal!
Colors, shapes, materials, spaces… Everything is important when it comes to getting a cozy and trendy home. If you want to give a new look to your favorite rooms, or be inspired to place the elements in a new home, read on!
Neutral colors and blue among the most prominent 2022 decoration trends
A scheme that will never go out of style. Therefore, it is perfect if you are looking to decorate a new home or give a room a twist without ever getting tired of the elements you choose.
The key to incorporating it is: choose a few accessories in neutral colors, such as white, beige, soft brown or very light mustard and combine it with some gray. They will serve as the basis for certain corners and you will get that intimate, warm and cozy touch. Also, it is the perfect canvas for any color you like.
Then, add a trendy color like naval blue (which is still in fashion this coming year), coral, green or any of your favorites, since this base goes with everything! In cushions, chairs, armchairs, blankets, rugs, curtains…
Face line graphic art
The funniest trend. This fashion comes from the online world after having gone viral among designers. These original faces began as pieces of graphic design, and have ended up conquering jewelry and stationery models until they reach interior decoration. Pictures, wallpaper, vases, rugs, curtains, plates… In everything you can imagine! Are you one of the lovers or the detractors?
Sustainable and recycled materials
We love this trend because, in addition to being aesthetically very beautiful, it promotes the purchase of environmentally friendly materials. In addition, it encourages the recycling and reuse of items that were to be discarded.
Natural materials help us to create a feeling of calm and peace, of connection with nature and of pause, favoring the disconnection from the noise of the day to day. Covering the floor and walls, decorative accessories, paintings and rugs, storage items… Everything can be done with these eco-friendly materials :
- Bamboo : a natural, renewable and ecological material that brings a tropical air to our rooms and furniture.
- Linen, very cool and resistant.
- Linoleum : a natural and biodegradable material widely used in floors, to provide warmth in an ecological way. It is a mixture of dried and ground linseed, sawdust, jute fabric and coloring pigments.
- Cork : a perfect material to insulate rooms or areas from cold and heat. We will also see it a lot in accessories such as baskets, boxes, or small details of pots, jars, vases, furniture…
- Organic wool, a biodegradable and hypoallergenic alternative, since it avoids the use of bleaching chemicals, solvents and additives.
- Hemp, a material that you will find mainly in cushion covers, rugs, curtains…
- Muskin. A material that is revolutionizing textile decoration. It is an imitation of leather that is extracted from the upper area of mushrooms and that replaces animal skin: chairs, sofas, armchairs…
Another of the 2022 decoration trends within using sustainable materials is choosing recycled plastic elements, since the excess of this material is one of the environmental problems that concern the most today. Currently we not only find accessories, but even furniture made entirely of recycled plastic is fashionable to give it a new life.
Industrial style: brick among the 2022 decoration trends
This year we will see a lot the option of incorporating elements of industrial design. Brick walls, concrete floors, exposed pipes, metal furniture… One of the most perfect trends, if you are thinking of a renovation in which you have to remove partitions!
It will go perfectly with trendy colors and in any type of home, so it’s a choice that never fails.
What do you think of the decoration trends 2022? Most of them are discreet and can be incorporated into any style of home, so I am sure that several of them fit in with your favorite style. Will you dare to incorporate any of them into your new home ? Let us know on our social networks!